2023 Bozeman Fall MADE fair // Artist
Bozeman Spring MADE fair 2023
The MADE fair is a modern artist & handcrafted market featuring local and regional artists. Our juried events feature up to 200 skilled artisans and a handful of non-profits. We are continuing the VIP Friday Night to give those wanting a more intimate shopping experience with more details coming. Last year we raised over $3000 for a local non-profit via the $10 VIP pass. We will continue to partner with a local organization to offer early access shopping Friday, 5 pm-8 pm, and Saturday morning, 9 am-10 am!
Bozeman // October 6-7// Brick Breeden Fieldhouse
The Bozeman MADE fair will include free entry*, free parking, and plenty of room to shop.
This one+ day event will feature local and regional artists, and the community will have an option to shop the show more intimately with the $10 VIP Pass for Friday Night, 5 pm-8 pm, and a $5 Early Bird Pass for Saturday Morning 9 am-10 am. Tickets will be available online and at the door, and all proceeds will go directly to a local non-profit.
The MADE fairs are presented by HandMADE Montana— a professional organization for art & handcrafted goods. We organize events (MADE fairs & workshops), provide resources to artists, and encourage growth and support in our community efforts.
We have defined our criteria for acceptance and have decided to stay focused on products handcrafted by individuals or small groups of artisans to help them grow. We love it when businesses grow and experience success, and we feel it is essential, at that point, to give way to other artists that are up and coming. It is vital for the MADE fair’s continued growth to keep things fresh for the shoppers. Items MUST be handmade/designed by the artist and not mass-produced. We feature local and regional artists, and all applications are considered during the jurying process.
This is a competitive juried show, so keep this in mind when filling out your application. The MADE fair jury will be looking for unique products that fit the feel of the MADE fair (modern, fun, functional), variety, and quality of work. The MADE fair’s mission is to increase awareness of handmade goods as an alternative to mass-produced items and support local and regional small craft businesses by providing a place to sell their goods.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Fill out the online application
2. Upload images (5 product shots, 1-3 process, and 1 booth (a set-up of what your goods look like))
3. Pay the application fee
There is a non-refundable $10 application fee to have your work juried for the MADE fair. All pictures MUST be included with your application to be considered. If you are a non-profit looking to have a booth, we have a separate application available.
May 1 : Accepting applications
August 1: Deadline for submissions
August 10: Accepted and declined artisans notified by email
August 20: Artists booth fees due
BOOTH FEES // SET-UP // EVENT HOURS
10’ x 6’ $115 + Electric ($15) + Table ($12)
10’x10’ $195 + Electric ($15) + Table ($12)
20’x10’ $350 + Electric ($15) + Table ($12)
30’x10’ $525 + Electric ($15) + Table ($12)
Corner upgrades are available for an additional $25 and are limited. If you are interested, please indicate so on your application. Booth sizes are listed in width x depth. Chairs are provided, electricity access is available for an additional $15, and tables can be rented for $12 each.
SET-UP FRIDAY // October 6 // 11 AM-5PM
SHOW HOURS// FRIDAY, October 6 $10 VIP 5 PM-8 PM // Saturday, October 7,$5 Early Bird 9 am-10 am, FREE 10 am-4 pm;
TAKE DOWN// 4 pm-8 pm
For many, our shows are the best of the season, and we do a great deal to promote all of our artists on our website and social media. We have found our customers enjoy pre-shopping the artists and planning out their day of shopping. This is definitely an added benefit compared to other handmade markets; it is one of the many things that set us apart.
- A well-organized event that attracts over 5,000+ customers eager to buy handcrafted products and meet you, the artist!
- Product image, business name, and links on our website
- A landing page with more detailed information about your business, including links to a website, Facebook, and Instagram
- Promotional event graphics you can use on your Instagram account, Facebook page, or website • A listing on a printed & digital floor plan
- Name tag and other great swag
Additional promotional opportunities
- Featured artist—Instagram & Facebook mentions, upgraded landing page, premium booth placement
- Raffle—provide an item and a small fee to be included and receive Instagram & Facebook mentions and links to your website, FB, or Instagram account.
Our events are well attended, and we work hard to attract various customers. In addition to our website, Facebook, and Instagram pages, we advertise our events well in advance using these methods:
- Printed media —2,000 rack cards, 750 posters, 5,000 mini cards
- Advertisements in local papers and magazines
- Radio spots
- Social Media—Facebook & Instagram Ads
- Calendar Listings—newspaper, online, and magazines
- Digital & printed floor plan maps