Missoula Summer MADE fair
2019 // June 23 // Caras Park
The Missoula Summer MADE fair is a modern handcrafted open-air market featuring local and regional artists at Caras Park in downtown Missoula, MT. Our juried summer show features over 170 skilled artisans as well as a handful of non-profits.
The MADE fairs are presented by HandMADE Montana— a professional organization for art & handcrafted goods. We organize events (MADE fairs & workshops), provide resources to artists, and encourage growth and support in our community efforts.
We have defined our criteria for acceptance and have made the decision to stay focused on products that are handcrafted by individuals or small groups of artisans in order to help them grow. We love when businesses grow and experience success and we feel it is important, at that point, to give way to other artists that are up and coming. It is important for the MADE fair’s continued growth to keep things fresh for the shoppers as well. Items MUST be handmade/designed by the artist and not mass produced. We feature both local and regional artists and all applications are considered during the jurying process.
This is a competitive juried show, so keep this in mind when filling out your application. The MADE fair jury will be looking for unique products that fit the feel of the MADE fair (funky, fun, functional) as well as variety and quality of work. The MADE fair’s mission is to increase awareness of handmade goods as an alternative to mass-produced items and support local and regional small craft business by providing a place to sell their goods.
There is a non-refundable $10 application fee to have your work juried for the MADE fair. This fee and all pictures MUST be included with your application to be considered. If you are a non-profit or food vendor looking to have a booth, we have a separate application available.
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill out the online application
- Upload images (5 product shots, 1-2 process shots, and 1 booth image)
- Pay application fee
For many, our shows are their best of the season and we do a great deal to promote all of our artists on our website and social media. We have found our customers enjoy pre-shopping the artists and planning out their day of shopping. This is definitely an added benefit compared to other handmade markets; it is one of the many things that set us apart.
- A well-organized event that attracts over 8,000 + customers eager to buy handcrafted products and meet you, the artist!
- Product image, business name, and links on our website
- A landing page with more detailed information about your business including links to website, facebook, and instagram (example)
- Promotional event graphics you can use on your Instagram account, Facebook page, or website
- A listing on printed & digital floor plan
- Name tag and other great swag
Additional promotional opportunities
- Featured artist—Instagram & Facebook mentions, upgraded landing page, premium booth placement (example)
- Raffle—provide an item, and small fee to be included and receive Instagram & Facebook mentions and links to your website, FB, or Instagram account
All of our events are very well attended and we work hard to bring in a variety of customers. In addition to our website, Facebook, and Instagram pages, we advertise our events well in advance using these methods:
- Printed media —5,000 postcards, 2,500 rack cards, and 500+ posters, 2,500 mini cards
- Advertisements in local papers and magazines
- Radio spots
- Social Media—Facebook & Instagram Ads
- Web Ads— Missoulaevents.net
- Calendar Listings—newspaper, online, and magazines
- Digital & printed floor plan maps
February 1 Accepting applications
April 1 Deadline for submissions
April 15 Accepted and declined artisans notified by email
May 1 Artists booth fees due
BOOTH FEES // SET-UP // EVENT HOURS
4’ x 6’ $45
8’ x 6’ $75 + Table ($5)
10’x10’ $145 + Table ($5)
20’x10’ $270 + Table ($5)
Booth sizes are listed in width x depth. Chairs are provided and tables can be rented for $5 each and available for 8x6, 10x10, and 20 x10 booths ONLY.
June 23 // Caras Park // downtown Missoula, MT
Set-up: Sunday 8am-10am
Show hours: Sunday 10am-5pm
Takedown: Sunday 5pm-7pm
We know that staying overnight at a hotel is not always in the budget and so we are going to work hard to facilitate artist home-stays and discounted hotel room options.